Looking for something to kick start your weekend? Look no further than here!……
Makes 1 cocktail
Suggestions: vodka, gin, bourbon, tequila
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 140F/60C.
- Put your choice of compatible fruits, spices, or herbs into a zip-closure cooking pouch.
- Add 2 ounces (60 ml) of the spirit of your choice to the pouch.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water bath to cook for 15 minutes (unless using tea leaves, in which case, pull the pouch at 5 minutes.)
- Quick chill the pouch in ice water for a few minutes before serving over ice or mixing with seltzer or tonic for a cocktail.
- For a sweeter cocktail, add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) simple syrup to the infused alcohol and mixers.
- Serve, put your feet up and enjoy!