- Product Description
The Sonicprep™ by PolyScience® offers a wide range of techniques, such as extraction, infusion, homogenization, emulsification, suspension, degassing and rapid barrel-aging. Since it applies insignificant amount of heat and can finish the process in less than 2–3 minutes, it maintains vivid flavour and aroma, causes no loss of nutrition, maintains bright colours of ingredients and creates a rounder and smoother flavour. Because of short processing times, it provides maximum flexibility for chefs. The system is comprised of 4 major components: generator, converter, probe and sound box. Through the probe, it applies 20,000 cycles of high-frequency ultrasonic waves. In liquid, the probe tip releases rapid vibrations that cause expansion and collapsing of microscopic bubbles.
Tips for using The Sonicprep™
Always use the acoustic enclosure when operation The Sonicprep™. When using The Sonicprep™ outside of the enclosure, please wear hearing protection. Operating The Sonicprep™ without hearing protection is highly discouraged.
- For homogenizations and emulsions, start with OUTPUT CONTROL at minimum power and DUTY CYCLE on CONSTANT. Slowly bring the power level up with the OUTPUT CONTROL. Some heavier emulsions will require full power, while most can be achieved at around 80%
- For delicate infusions, such as vibrant green herbs or shellfish, operate the OUTPUTCONTROL at lower levels and utilize the pulse settings with the DUTY CYCLE
- For strong infusions, especially with barrel aging and alcohols, operate the OUTPUT CONTROL at higher levels and utilize the pulse settings with the DUTY CYCLE
- Degassing and improving mouth feel of wines can be achieved with OUTPUT CONTROL set to high and DUTY CYCLE set to constant. Process for 45-60 seconds
PolyScience® is inventing culinary technology that helps chefs to find new ways of expressing their creativity. PolySciences' core competence is in designing and manufacturing extremely precise temperature control solutions. This competence led Philip Preston many years ago to support the first creative chefs exploring sous vide cooking. Today, the world's best chefs rely on this technique. PolyScience® thermal circulators are their first choice technology for it and many great friendships have developed since then. His passion for futuristic kitchen gear has also captured the attention of America's top chefs, like Grant Achatz at Chicago's Alinea. With the impulse of Chef Achatz, Philip developed the Anti-Griddle™. Within the last years additional innovative culinary tools were added and Philip Preston is constantly working on new inventions to give chefs more ways of expressing their culinary creativity.
- Ultrasonic processor with 400 Watt
- Power output control to match power to the application
- Continuous or timed (0-15 minutes) operation
- Pulsed mode to minimize heat generation
- Broad process range from 1 ml to over 500 ml per sample
- Power output meter to monitor power and permit reproducibility
- Includes a high-efficiency converter which requires no internal cooling
- Supplied with a standard 1/2″" titanium probe
- Supplied with a sound box with transparent door to reduce high noise level
- Additional Information
Delivery 3–5 Days Delivery Model SVT-PSSP Dimensions (D x W x H) Generator Dimensions (HxWxD): 43 x 36 x 61 cm
Sound Box Dimensions (HxWxD): 60 x 43 x36 cm
Power Supply UK 3pin plug or Schuko plug for Europe Finish Stainless Steel Brand PolyScience® Warranty 1 Years Parts & Labour
- We Also Recommend
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £395.99
Special Price Excl. VAT: £269.99 Incl. VAT: £323.99
Regular Price: £2,639.99
Special Price Excl. VAT: £2,049.99 Incl. VAT: £2,459.99
- Product Reviews
This product has no reviews yet.