Sous Vide Copper River Salmon
- 4 Salmon fillets, skin and pin bones removed
- Seasonings of your choice*
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) high smoke point oil for searing
Fancy a taste of the Mediterranean without having to leave the comfort of your own home? We’e got it all sussed with this succulent salmon recipe that is perfect on a warm’s summer evening just like tonight! Serve with a garden salad and some crusty bread and you’ll feel like you’re on holiday from your own back garden!
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 51.5C.
- Dose your salmon with a good sprinkling of salt and pepper and any chosen seasonings (see below for examples) then pop it into a cooking pouch before vacuum sealing.
- Place the salmon fully into the water bath and cook for 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, for a medium rare finish.
- Once the cooking time has finished, take the pouch out, open it and pat the salmon dry.
- Take a griddle pan or any suitable pan and pop onto a high heat – place the salmon into the pan for around a minute or long enough to give it a golden glow
- Serve with accompaniments of your choice and a chilled glass of white wine.
Seasonings to consider:
Various salts (pink Himalayan, volcanic Black Sea salt, truffle salt), peppercorns (black, green, or pink), fresh herbs (basil, thyme, dill, chives, tarragon), citrus (lemon, lime, orange), or spices.