Super Sous Vide Overnight Oatmeal | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Super Sous Vide Overnight Oatmeal
- COOK TIME: 10 Hours
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 2
- 54 g porridge base (Try half rolled oats and half pinhead oatmeal.)
- 160 ml milk or cream
- 240 ml water
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) raisins
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) maple syrup or honey
- You’ll also need 2 half pint (300 ml) glass jam jars with lids
Fancy something a bit different for breakfast over the weekend? I’ve recently been discussing one of the latest growing trends in healthy eating that is overnight oats, so I thought I would share a recent recipe that we have found and intend to try this weekend!
- Fill your water bath and preheat to 60C.
- Split the oats and milk between the two jars and add 120ml of the water to each of the jars.
- Add the remaining ingredients (the raisins and the maple syrup / honey) and put the lids on – ensuring that the lids are firmly screwed on.
- Put the jars in the water oven, ensuring that the lids of the jars are above the water level.
- Cook overnight for a minimum of 10 hours.
- The following morning, put your best pyjamas on, get a spoon, open the jar and enjoy! (Add a slab of butter if desired or not counting calories!)