Barbecued Potato Salad | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Barbecued Potato Salad
- COOK TIME: 30 - 45 minutes
- SERVES: 8
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 jar (342 g) roasted red peppers, drained, seeded, patted dry, and chopped
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked very crisp and crumbled (optional)
- 120 g shredded cheddar cheese
For the dressing
- 120 ml sour cream
- 120 ml barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
Apparently 54% of us are heading for a BBQ at some point over the bank holiday weekend – does that include you? Make sure you take this along to wow the guests if you are braving the English weather!
- Fill and preheat the water bath to 182F/ 83C.
- Put the potatoes into a cooking pouch in a single layer and vacuum seal
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 30 to 45 minutes until nicely tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- When the potatoes have cooked, drain off any accumulated liquid and pour them into the dressing.
- Add the red pepper, cheese, scallions, parsley, and bacon and toss to coat everything.