Beetroot & Cacao Liqueur | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Beetroot & Cacao Liqueur
- COOK TIME: 45 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 250g Vodka
- 250g Sugar Syrup
- 25g Cacao Nibs
- 25g Fresh Beetroot
For the cocktail
- 50ml Beetroot and Cacao Liqueur
- 65ml Prosecco
- Preheat the water bath to 50⁰C.
- Peel and chop the beetroots into small pieces, similar in size to those used in a coleslaw.
- Place the chopped pieces into a vacuum pouch along with the cacao nibs, vodka and the sugar syrup.
- Vacuum seal the pouch and place in the water bath to sous vide for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove from the water bath and cut a corner off the pouch.
- Pour the liquid through a fine sieve to remove any lumps then transfer a glass bottle.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- To make cocktail, add 50ml of the refrigerated beetroot mixture to a champagne flute and top it up with champagne.
For a demonstration on how to make this, and other great-tasting sous vide cocktails, see the How To video from Great British Chef Rich Woods: