Best End of Lamb with Shoulder and Winter Vegetable Potato Cake | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Best End of Lamb with Shoulder and Winter Vegetable Potato Cake
- 2 Best Ends of Lamb, boned and trimmed of all sinew and cut into 4 portions
- 500g piece of Lamb Shoulder Brined overnight, rinsed and dried
- ½ Savoy Cabbage finely shredded
- Baby Beets & Turnips
- Plenty of Winter Vegetables Brunoise cut & blanched (Carrot, Swede, Turnip, Celery, Shallot etc.)
- Maris Piper potatoes
- A good rich Lamb Jus
- Ultratex for thickening
- Damson Jelly for finishing jus
- Thyme and flat leaf parsley, chopped
Looking for something delicious for dinner this week? Why not try this delicious sounding Lamb recipe, kindly provided to us from Graham Howarth, head chef to the Prime Minister – if it is good enough for him then it is good enough to serve to you and your family!
- Vac pack the shoulder piece with a knob of herb butter and place in the water bath for 48 hrs at 63 degrees Celsius.
- When finished, Blast Chill, and cut the meat into a fine dice.
- Vac pack the baby beets and turnips separately and cook for 12 hrs. at 80 degrees, blast chill and keep in fridge ready to regenerate for 30 mins.
- Cook the potatoes, I like to water bath mine with a touch of butter at 80 degrees for around 3 hrs, you can boil them conventionally.
- When cooked, pass them through a ricer, adding a touch of butter and seasoning, then fold in half of the winter vegetable brunoise.
- Shape into small potato cakes for frying later.
- Vac pack the best ends and water bath at 55 degrees for 40 mins.
- Thicken half of your hot lamb jus with ultratex, add the lamb shoulder dice, remaining brunoise of vegetables and thyme/parsley, season to taste and keep hot.
- Fry the potato cakes in a little butter until golden.
- Blanch cook the cabbage and drain-keep hot.
- Take the best ends out of the bath open-season well and caramelize in a hot pan with a touch of butter and oil.
- Cut the baby vegetables in half and mark them on a hot griddle, season.
- Place the shoulder meat in a ring on the plate and top with a potato cake.
- Spoon a little cabbage on the plate and sit the best end on top.
- Arrange the baby beets and turnips on the plate, add a spoonful of damson jelly to the jus and spoon over.
- Serve some extra jus alongside.