Bruschetta of Roasted Squid with Chorizo and Tomato Jam, Coriander and Lime | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Bruschetta of Roasted Squid with Chorizo and Tomato Jam, Coriander and Lime
- COOK TIME: 2 Hours
- PREP TIME: 1 Hour
- DIFFICULTY: Medium
- 20 Baby Squid Tubes, cleaned
- 200g Uncooked Chorizo Sausage
- 1 Red Pepper (charred, skinned and diced)
- 1 Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 6 Vine Ripened Tomatoes (deseeded, skinned and diced – concasse)
- 75g Golden Castor Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 50mls Aged Balsamic
- 10 Leaves Fresh Basil
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Sour Dough
- Coriander Picked
- 4 Limes
- Olive Oil
- Roasted Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Roasted Cumin Seed
- 2 Raw Cloves Garlic
Sous Vide Water Bath
This dish is a classic Italian starter with a great soft texture, achieved when cooking the squid sous vide.
- First make the jam. In a saucepan add the chopped onion, garlic and red pepper with a little reserved confit fat and cook gently until translucent. Chop the uncooked chorizo. Place the chopped chorizo in the pan with the onion.
- Cook out on a moderate heat for 10 minutes until the chorizo has cooked; now add the sugar and balsamic vinegar and also 1 tsp paprika. Cook out on the stove, reducing the balsamic by half. Add the concasse tomato and the chopped basil leaves. Again cook for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix the olive oil, zest of 1 lime, cumin seeds, roasted garlic and paprika
- Toss the squid in the cumin and paprika oil, place into a vacuum pouch and seal
- In a pre-heated water bath at 59 degrees cook the squid for 1 hour 30 minutes
- Slice the sour dough into ½ inch slices, rub with raw garlic, olive oil and salt
- On a pre-heated hot griddle plate char both sides of the bread
- Cut the limes in half and caramelise the limes cut side down
- Take the squid from the pouch, pat dry and quickly sear to add a smoky flavour, season with salt
- To serve, top the sour dough with the chorizo jam and top with the squid, coriander and lime.
Chef’s Tip –
Why not add a rich tomato sauce to the pouch, giving the squid a delicious tomato flavour.