Brussel Sprouts with Bacon | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Chestnuts
Chris Holland Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Chestnuts Vegetables and Sides
- COOK TIME: 1 hour
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 2 rashers of smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g Brussels sprouts
- 100g cooked, peeled and vacuum-sealed chestnuts, chopped into quarters
Back to Recipes
- Put the bacon in a pan with a little oil and fry until crispy. Add the garlic and gently cook for a couple of minutes and then put to one side to cool.
- Preheat the cooking water bath to 85°C.
- Seal the brussels, cold bacon and a grind of black pepper in vacuum pouches. Place into the water bath and cook sous vide for 1 hour
- Once cooked, take out the pouch and plunge it into ice water to cool rapidly and prevent further cooking.