Butter Poached Asparagus | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Butter Poached Asparagus
- COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 1 Asparagus bunch
- 50g Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 50g Truffle butter, truffle oil or freshly grated truffle (optional)
Now that Spring is well and truly in the air, we thought we would bring you one of our favourite recipes for one of the hottest vegetables of the season right now – the beautiful, tender yet yummy asparagus.
This recipe is truly so simple yet scrumptious you’ll be a fool not to try it.
The recipe has been taken from our best-selling cookbook :
An ideal gift for any foodie family and friends who are wanting to develop a palate for fine dining and a must have for any modern household. Available to buy direct from www.sousvidetools.com, amazon and any good bookshops!
- Pre-heat your water bath to 85°C.
- Prepare the asparagus by peeling up to the bottom of the spear and place in a pouch along with the peelings.
- Add the truffle butter and normal butter along with the salt, and vac-seal.
- Put the pouch into your water bath for 15 minutes.
- Keep checking the water bath to make sure the water is covering the pouch.
- Place the pouch in ice water until cold and keep in the fridge for up to three days, or use immediately.
- By adding the asparagus peelings – which hold a lot of flavour like a lot of vegetables – it ensures no flavour loss at all.
* To regenerate from cold heat the asparagus in a hot pan *
Chef’s Tip –
Try lots of herbs instead of truffle butter to infuse flavour.