Caramelised Yoghurt with Torched Berries
Chris Holland Caramelised Yoghurt with Torched Berries Desserts
- COOK TIME: 12 hours
- PREP TIME: 1 Hour
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 6
- 500g of natural yoghurt
- 100g of raspberries
- 100g of blueberries
- 100g of natural yoghurt
- mint cress, to garnish
Back to Recipes
Recipe courtesy chef Ollie Moore from www.greatbritishchefs.com
- Preheat the water bath to a temperature of 72⁰C.
- To make the caramelised yoghurt, seal the yoghurt inside a vacuum bag using a chamber sealer. Place the bag in the water bath and leave to cook until the yoghurt is thick and dark brown. This should take 12 hours.
- Once caramelised, transfer the vacuum bag to a bowl of iced water and leave to cool.
- Unseal the bag and empty the cool yoghurt into a sieve or colander lined with muslin cloth and place over a bowl. Leave to drain for up to 60 minutes. You should be left with a brown substance that resembles cottage cheese.
- When ready to serve, gradually add fresh natural yoghurt to the caramelised yoghurt, whisking continually, until the mixture is smooth and light brown.
- To serve, spoon an equal amount of yoghurt onto each plate. Use a blowtorch or a hot grill to scorch the berries, then add to the plates with yoghurt, garnish with mint cress and serve straight away.