Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
- COOK TIME: 6 - 8 Hours
- 8 chicken leg quarters
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250ml olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 40 cloves of garlic, peeled
Prepared sous vide, this recipe works better with the dark meat of the chicken, since the garlic will not become as toasty and sweet at the lower cooking temperature – it is more desirable for cooking juicy breast meat. Be warned though – it isn’t a dish to dazzle a potential suitor with unless you’re planning to share it with them too!!
- Preheat your water bath to 176F/80C.
- Lightly sprinkle the leg quarters with salt and pepper and put two into a small cooking pouch.
- Add 62.5ml olive oil, a sprig of thyme, half a sprig of rosemary, and 10 cloves of garlic. Vacuum seal the pouch (stopping the suction by pressing ‘seal only’ before the oil reaches the vacuum sealer edge) and repeat with the other leg quarters.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Preheat a shallow frying pan with a splash of oil over a medium high heat..
- Remove the leg quarters from the pouches, put them into the pan, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the skin is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.