Clementine and Sous Vide Salmon Salad with Wasabi Dressing | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Clementine and Sous Vide Salmon Salad with Wasabi Dressing
- SERVES: Serves 2 as a main, 4 as an appetiser
- 1 bag (110 g) mixed greens (rocket or anything else that catches your eye)
- 1 large cooked beetroot (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 225 g sous vide cooked salmon, flaked (instructions below)
- 2 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) wasabi, freshly grated (use less or more to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) honey
Not much to say about this……except grab me a knife & fork!
- On your fancy plates (or one large platter) arrange the mixed greens; add the beetroot wedges, the salmon, and finally the clementine segments.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the crème fraiche, wasabi, and honey. Adjust the seasonings to suit your tastebuds, adding more wasabi if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve with warm slices of rye or sourdough bread.
- Take a glass of crisp white wine, join the family in the garden and enjoy!
To cook the salmon sous vide:
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 140F/60C.
- Remove any pin bones from the salmon, lightly season with salt and pepper before popping the fish pieces into cooking pouch(es) and vacuum seal.
- Place the pouch(es) in the water bath to cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pouch(es) and carefully remove the salmon out of the bags.