Coffee Cured Iberico Pork Cutlet, Hazelnut Roasted Fine Beans
Chris Holland Coffee Cured Iberico Pork Cutlet, Hazelnut Roasted Fine Beans Recipes Coffee, Cured, Iberico, Pork, Cutlet, Hazelnut, Roasted, Beans, Easy British
- COOK TIME: 2 Hours 15 Mins
- PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 100mls dark coffee
- 100mls water
- 20g salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp of Chinese five spices
- 1 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 40 g dark soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp treacle
- 1 clove of garlic sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 60g of roasted hazelnuts
- 4 x 300g Iberico pork cutlets French trimmed
- 50 g ground roasted coffee beans
- 1 tbsp of whole grain mustard
- 200g of blanched extra fine beans
- 100g butter
- 50mls of olive oil
- 50mls roasted hazelnut oil
- 20mls of apple cider vinegar
Back to Recipes
- Place all brine ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes, set aside until completely cold.
- Place the pork cutlets into the brine, and cure for 2 ½ hours in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the water bath to 60C
- Remove pork cutlets from brine and pat dry. Dust with roasted coffee and in induvial pouches place 25g of melted butter in each pouch and seal, then place into water bath and cook for 2 hours and 15 mins
- Place a skillet pan on high heat and remove pork cutlets from pouch and pat dry, heavily caramelise pork and season. Then allow to rest
- Add the blanched beans to the pan, to char a little. Then add to the pan, mustard the oils and the vinegar and the crushed roasted hazelnuts.
- Serve and use the pan juices as a dressing.