Fresh Ginger Syrup | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Fresh Ginger Syrup
- COOK TIME: 90 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 383 g caster sugar
- 960 ml water
- 7.5 cm fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 60 ml vodka
Whether you want to add a splash of fizz into your life or you love experimenting, this Ginger syrup is the perfect base for our ChamRock Cocktail. Hic!
Makes just over a litre…..
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 64C.
- In a pouch with a zip closure, place all ingredients except vodka, and using the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) extract the air and zip the seal.
- Put the pouch in the bath, completely covering with water and cook for 90 minutes.
- Strain the pouch liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl, combine with the vodka and pop the concoction into a clean bottle with a stopper.
- Throw away any solids that may have crept into the sieve.
- Pop the syrup into the fridge to chill thoroughly.
- Store, sealed, in the refrigerator for up to several weeks.