Ham and Asparagus Scramble Sous Vide
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVES: 2
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) unsalted butter
- 4 asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
- 4 ounces (120 g) cooked ham, diced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.75 ml) garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.75 ml) paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Looking for something different to have over the weekend for Breakfast without wasting too many calories? Allow us to make this suggestion……enjoy in your favourite pyjamas with a slice of the finest toast available!
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 167F/75C.
- Meanwhile, add 1-inch (2.5 cm) water to a shallow frying pan over medium high heat, bring to a boil, and quick cook the asparagus spears for approximately 2 minutes. Remove from the water and quick cool in cold water.
- Cut the cooled spears into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the seasonings and pour into a small (quart/liter) food-grade cooking pouch. Add the butter, ham, and asparagus pieces.
- Press out as much air as possible from the pouch and seal only. (Do not attempt to vacuum seal liquids using a suction vacuum sealer.)
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, removing the pouch from the bath to massage it gently to mix the contents.
- When the eggs have reached the desired consistency, remove from the pouch and enjoy.