Hot Sauce Sous Vide Style | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Hot Sauce Sous Vide Style
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 680 grams fresh red jalapeño peppers, or your favourite hot peppers, stemmed, seeded, and roughly chopped*
- 9 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 5 ml sea salt
- 78 ml rice vinegar
- 45 ml simple syrup
Fancy spicing up a mundane midweek meal? Set tongues wagging with this homemade hot sauce – guaranteed to add a flash of fire into anyone’s belly that is brave enough!
*Tip: Wear protective gloves while chopping peppers; they can burn your unprotected skin.
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 99C.
- Put the chopped peppers, smashed garlic and sea salt into a food processor and puree.
- Pour the pepper puree into a zip-closure cooking pouch and seal using the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle).
- Place the pouch fully into the water bath and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pouch from the water and pour into a bowl, stir in the rice vinegar and simple syrup.
- The sauce can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.