Lavender Poached Pears with Blue Cheese, Yoghurt and Walnut Praline | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Lavender Poached Pears with Blue Cheese, Yoghurt and Walnut Praline
- 4 Pears
- 3 lavender sprigs – fresh or dried
- 50g caster sugar
- 100ml fresh pear juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
The sweet smelling pears, blue cheese and walnuts combine to create some very pleasing flavours and textures. The perfect dish if you can’t decide between dessert and cheese.
- Pre-heat your water bath to 80 degrees
- Peel the pears top to bottom, then cut into 4 length ways.
- With a knife remove the core, slice the pears and place in a pouch.
- In a pan place the pear juice, lavender, honey and sugar, bring to a simmer and dissolve the sugar.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, allow the liquid to cool.
- Place the sweet smelling liquid in the pouch with the pears and vac-seal.
- Put the pouch into your water bath for between 20 and 30 minutes. This depends on the ripeness of your pears.
- Keep checking the water bath to make sure the water is covering the pouch.
- Remove the pears from the water bath and refrigerate for up to 5 days until required.
Chef’s Tip –
Try the pears with red wine, star anise and liquorice sticks with added sugar to form a syrup.