Sous Vide Maple Cured Butternut Squash and Toasted Seeds
- COOK TIME: 45 mins / 1hr
- PREP TIME: 15 mins
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4-6
- 1 butternut squash -peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped pancetta (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of toasted pumpkin seeds – for garnish
Back to Recipes
- Set your water bath or circulator to 78°C
- Place all the contents into a pouch and shake well, then remove the air and seal.
- Cook for 45 mins – 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove the contents from the pouch and place onto a dry towel, reserve the liquid for later.
- Using a hot pan, caramelise the squash until golden, then pour in the remaining liquid and glaze.
- Serve with the chopped pancetta and toasted seeds.
Add some fresh tomatoes and feta cheese for a pleasant starter.