Sous Vide Maple Cured Butternut Squash and Toasted Seeds
Chris Holland Sous Vide Maple Cured Butternut Squash and Toasted Seeds Vegetables and Sides SousVide, Butternut Squash, vegetables, sides, easy, simple english
- COOK TIME: 45 mins / 1hr
- PREP TIME: 15 mins
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4-6
- 1 butternut squash -peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped pancetta (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of toasted pumpkin seeds – for garnish
Back to Recipes
- Set your water bath or circulator to 78°C
- Place all the contents into a pouch and shake well, then remove the air and seal.
- Cook for 45 mins – 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove the contents from the pouch and place onto a dry towel, reserve the liquid for later.
- Using a hot pan, caramelise the squash until golden, then pour in the remaining liquid and glaze.
- Serve with the chopped pancetta and toasted seeds.
Add some fresh tomatoes and feta cheese for a pleasant starter.