Poached Fruit | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
- COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- SERVES: 2
- 120 ml white grape juice or dry white wine
- 120 ml water
- 50 ml granulated sugar
- 5ml vanilla (or simmer a vanilla bean with the syrup)
- 470 ml medium firm fruit such as pears, plums, rhubarb or cherries, sliced
Have you got a sweet tooth and like a lot of us, fancy something nice as a post dinner time treat? Why not try this delicious poached fruit recipe – if you’re feeling super naughty you could always add a dribble of cream!
- Preheat your water bath to desired serving temperature 185F/85C.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in saucepan, reduce by half, and chill to thicken.
- Put the fruit and about 125 ml of the poaching liquid into a cooking pouch, getting rid of as much air as possible with your hands, and seal. Alternately, use Archimedes’ Principle with zip pouches.
- Cook for 25 minutes, then remove pouch from the water bath and quick chill, submerged in an ice water bath. Refrigerate until ready to serve (or for up to 48 hours.)
- Serve chilled with cheese, ice cream, or yogurt.