Rapid Aging Cocktail with Wood Chips | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Rapid Aging Cocktail with Wood Chips
- PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 250ml Bourbon
- 125ml Sweet Vermouth
- 50ml Maraschino Liqueur
- 10g Wood Chips (Food Grade)
- Pour the sweet vermouth into a vacuum pouch along with the maraschino, bourbon and the woodchips.
- Vacuum seal the pouch and leave it in a cool, dark place for up to 7 days.
- Pour the liquid through a fine sieve to remove any lumps.
- To make the cocktail, pour 100ml of the bourbon mixture into a cocktail shaker along with cubed ice and stir.
- Once cooled down, pour the cocktail into a small martini glass and enjoy!
For a demonstration on how to make this, and other great-tasting sous vide cocktails, see the How To video from Great British Chef Rich Woods: