Saffron Spiced Whole Clementine cooked Sous Vide with Muscat, A Honey Set Cream and Granita | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Saffron Spiced Whole Clementine cooked Sous Vide with Muscat, A Honey Set Cream and Granita
- COOK TIME: 6 Hours
- PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 4 whole clementines (peeled)
- Basil leaves for garnish
- 100mls of Muscat syrup
- 150g runny honey
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- 2 crushed cardamom seeds
- 1 pinch saffron
- Zest of 2 clementines
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 200mls of double cream
- 300mls whole milk
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 75g sugar
- 2 leaves of galantine (soaked)
- Preheat water bath to 68C
- Peel and scrape the white pith from the outside of the clementines with a sharp knife before placing in a vacuum pouch.
- Melt the brown sugar with the Muscat to create a syrup .
- Place the Muscat syrup, 100g honey, mixed spice, saffron, zest, cinnamon and syrup into a bowl and mix to create a flavoured syrup. Pour syrup onto the clementines and seal pouch.
- Place into water bath and cook for 6 hours. Once cooked, cool and refrigerate.
- Place cream, milk, nutmeg, 50g honey and sugar into a pan and bring to the boil. Then pour over soaked gelatine, whisk andpass through a fine sieve. Place into ramekin dishes and set in the fridge overnight.
- Take the clementines from the pouch Using a fine sieve, pass the cooking syrup and place into a shallow container. Freeze for 6 hours stirring every hour with a fork to create Muscat granita.
- To serve, take large spoons of the set cream and place onto a plate, lay a large spoonful of granita onto the plate then the whole poached clementine and picked basil leaves.