SMOKED MANHATTON COCKTAIL WITH MAPLE | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
SMOKED MANHATTON COCKTAIL WITH MAPLE
Chris Holland SMOKED MANHATTON COCKTAIL WITH MAPLE Smoking Gun Recipes
- PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 4fl oz rye whisky or bourbon
- 11/2fl oz sweet vermouth
- 4 drops angostura bitters
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- 11/2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp laphroaig whisky
Back to Recipes
- Place rye whisky, vermouth, angostura bitters and maple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Cover the top with cling film.
- Fill the smoking chamber with whisky soaked chips and aggressively smoke the liquid entrapping the smoke with the cling film.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes and then repeat the process 2-3 times stirring the liquid between each smoke.
- Add two cups of ice to the cocktail shaker and shake until very cold.
- Strain the Manhattan into glasses. Carefully place a teaspoon of laphroaig whisky onto the top of the cocktail and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Chef’s tip –
Serve with a little smoke for added theatre.