Smoked Salmon and Oyster Tartare
- PREP TIME: 50 mins
- DIFFICULTY: medium
- SERVES: 4
- 500g Organic Fresh Salmon (skinned and cleaned)
- 4 Oysters shucked (retain flesh and juice)
- 3 tblsp Fresh Dill chopped – retain a few leaves for garnish
- 1 tblsp Baby Caper Berries
- 1 tblsp Finely Chopped Gherkin
- Zest of ½ Orange
- Zest ½ Lemon
- Juice of ½ Orange
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ Green Apple finely diced
- 2 tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Whisky Wood Smoking Chips (slightly dampened with Lemon Juice)
Back to Recipes
- In a bowl combine the Orange and Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Cayenne Pepper, Caper Berries, Chopped Gherkin and Oyster Juice.
- Load the smoking gun chamber with the wood chips.
- Using the hose attachment, fill the container with smoke and cover with cling film – leave to stand for 5 mins
- After whisking – Repeat this process a further 3 times, covering each time and leaving to stand this process will impact a delicate smoke flavour into the liquid
- Finely dice the Fresh Salmon and Oyster together until at desired texture.
- Gently fold in the chopped dill
- Mix the Salmon and Oyster together with the smoked citrus liquids stirring gently.
- Season to taste. Remember the Oysters will provide a little salty flavour
Serving suggestion: Serve with a little raw peel Asparagus lightly dressed with Olive Oil and Lemon and Crisp Rye Bread