Sous Vide Adobo Beef Shin Tacos | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Adobo Beef Shin Tacos
- COOK TIME: 14 Hours
- PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
1.2 kilo of beef shin
1 can of chipotle in adobo (200g)
2 tsp of ancho chilli flakes (add a little extra for additional spice)
2 tsp of arbol chilli flakes
100ml of beer
2 garlic cloves crushed
Tsp of sea salt
100ml of beef stock
8-12 Corn tortillas
1 red onion finely chopped
Heavy bottomed pan
Beef shin needs a little extra time and effort to make it tender and cooking sous vide does that perfectly. Our friend has done a cracking job taking this cheaper cut and giving it the sous vide treatment, by adding some lipsmacking flavours into the bag this dish is minimal effort but will definitely be the talk of the dinner table. Hungry for more? Have a peep on instagram @whatstormeats for some more inspiration.
- Prepare the beef by placing the beef shin cut in to the vacuum bag with about ¾ of the can of chipotle in adobo, chilli flakes, beef, garlic and salt. Seal and place in a water bath for 14 hours at 85 degrees.
- Once the beef has cooked remove from the bags into a heavy bottomed pan. Add the rest of the chipotle in adobo, the beef stock and pop on a high heat for about 10 mins so the beef falls apart.
- Dice the red onion and set aside.
- Heat up the corn tacos in a pan for a minute on each side.
- Serve the juicy meat on the warm tacos, top with red onion, coriander and a squeeze of fresh lime.