Sous Vide Basic Simple Beetroot | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Basic Simple Beetroot
- COOK TIME: 1 Hour
- PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 2 large beetroot or 8 to 12 baby beetroot
- sea salt
Now summer is well and truly under way it produces a new set of problems – there is such an array of fruit and vegetables now available and in season in the supermarkets it is a wonder that anyone can make a decision on what accompaniments to have with their tea time treats.
This is one of our favourite ones so we thought we would share it with you – it would also make a great appetiser for your next garden party!
- Fill your water bath to 83C.
- Rinse the beetroot well so that you remove all the dirt and any grit and remove the tops.
- If you have chosen to use baby beetroot, simply cover them lightly with salt and place them in a suitable bag and vacuum seal.
- If you have chosen to use large beetroot, peel them and either slice or dice them into a thickness of roughly ½ inch, lightly dust with salt, place in a suitable bag and vacuum seal.
- Place the pouch containing the beetroot into the water bath, ensuring that they are fully submerged and cook for approximately 45 – 60 minutes.
- Arrange a few of your favourite leaves, get a piece of fresh bread, serve the beetroot and enjoy!
Additions you might like:
Butter, honey, black pepper, rosemary, garlic. Feel free to experiment!