Sous Vide Cauliflower Puree | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Cauliflower Puree
- COOK TIME: 1 Hour
- PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 6 - 8 people
- 1 medium head cauliflower, washed and trimmed of leaves
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 ounces (30 to 60 ml) heavy cream
Now that there is less than 14 weeks until Christmas, there will be a number of you who will be on a detox from the beer garden weather to slim down into your little black dress or your favourite suit……you may be one of the lucky ones still yet to jet away for some summer sun and you’re looking for the ultimate bikini body – whether this sounds like you or not, one of the most popular food groups to be scrapped from the daily diet is carbs such as potatoes, pasta and bread. So with that in mind we thought we would bring you a healthy alternative to accompany your favourite piece of meat / fish to add a delicious twist to a healthy midweek meal.
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 82-85C.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half and then slice the halves into 1/2-inch thick (1.25 cm) slices.
- Arrange the slices in a large cooking pouch, evenly distributed in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper and vacuum seal the pouch very tightly.
- Fully place the pouch into the water oven and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until quite tender.
- Open the pouch and drain most of the accumulated liquid away; pour the cauliflower into a food processor or a blender, add the cream, and puree until smooth.
- If not serving right away, put the cauliflower puree into a large zip closure cooking pouch, remove as much air as possible with your hands and quick chill in the pouch, submerged in an ice water bath for at least 20 minutes. (Reheat, in the pouch to serving temperature along with other foods you may be cooking or reheating.
- Transfer the warm cauliflower to a serving bowl and enjoy.