Sous Vide Chicken Caesar Salad Lettuce Wraps | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Chicken Caesar Salad Lettuce Wraps
- COOK TIME: 45 - 60 minutes
- SERVES: 2
- 100g chicken tenders*
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 56 g chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Caesar Dressing
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
Looking to add a splash of summer on to the table during this wet, grey days? Try this delicious and super straight forward sous vide chicken caesar salad wraps for a healthy tea time treat for the kids, midweek meal in minutes or dinner to delight even the fussiest of guests.
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 146F/63C.
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Put the seasoned chicken into a small (quart/litre) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove and if not using right away, quick chill the pouch in an ice water bath (half ice/half water) for 15 minutes and refrigerate.
- Dice the chicken and put it into a salad bowl. Add the romaine and dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Pile one-one fourth of the chicken mixture onto the center of each of the 4 large lettuce leaves, top each with an anchovy fillet, and roll up burrito style.
Chef’s tip –
Save time by making several batches of chicken tenders at one time for use in this or other recipes.