Sous Vide Fillet steak for two, roasted asparagus, grilled tomato and a smoked bearnaise sauce.
- COOK TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
- PREP TIME: 25mins
- DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM
- SERVES: 2
1 x 500g chateau
1 tsp chopped thyme
½ tsp dried garlic
8 sticks of asparagus
4 mushrooms of your choice – cut in half
1 plum vine tomato
125g butter – smoked
1 tbsp chopped tarragon
2 egg yolks
½ tsp chardonnay vinegar
Lemon juice to taste
- Set your water bath to 55°C
- Using a hot pan, caramelise all sides of the beef until golden brown
- Season the beef then rub in the thyme and garlic powder, place into a pouch and vac seal
- Cook the beef for 1 ½ hours
To make the hollandaise
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and skim any white solids from the surface
- Place the egg yolks, vinegar, a pinch of salt and a splash of ice-cold water in a metal or glass bowl that will fit over a pan.
- Whisk for a few minutes then put the bowl over a pan of just simmering water and whisk continuously until pale and thick, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the melted butter, bit by bit until it’s all mixed in and you have a creamy hollandaise. If it gets too thick, add a splash of water.
- Season with a squeeze of lemon juice and the tarragon. Keep warm until needed.
- Remove the beef from the pouch and pat dry
- Using a hot pan, re caramelise the beef until golden and remove from the heat.