Sous Vide Ginger Brandy | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Ginger Brandy
- COOK TIME: 2 hours
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 128 g fresh ginger
- 375 ml brandy
- 144 g sugar
- 240 ml water
Whether you’re looking for something to warm the cockles or to wet your appetite for the weekend ahead, why not give this Sous Vide Ginger Brandy a whirl? Suitable for any time of the year, it can be enjoyed over ice on a summer’s day or in front of a cosy log fire on a cold winter’s night.
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 135F/57C.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Put the ginger and brandy in a zip-closure cooking pouch and, using the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) remove the air and zip the seal closed.
- Cook sous vide for two hours.
- In a separate pouch or in a saucepan on the stove, combine water and sugar to make simple sugar.
- Strain the brandy and ginger mixture into a clean stoppered bottle.
- Add the simple syrup to taste.