Sous Vide Haricot Vert Salad | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Haricot Vert Salad
- COOK TIME: 40 Minutes
- 12 ounces (340 grams) haricots vert or your favourite summer pole beans, trimmed
- 2 romaine hearts, washed and pulled apart
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 8 wedges OR 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 sous vide soft-cooked eggs, cut into halves
- 2 ounces (57 grams) Manchego cheese, grated
- 16 of your favourite olives
- 39 ml sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- 118 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Looking for a dinner idea with a difference? Wanting a splash of va va voom in your next dinner party? Or just looking for that perfect meal to accompany that precious few hours of me time?
Whatever your reason, this summer salad is the perfect reason to make the next time you’re invited out the perfect reason to stay in.
- Fill your water bath to the required level and preheat to 84C.
- Vacuum seal your haricot vert, or your beans of choice, in a single vacuum seal bag ensuring they are spread out evenly
- Put the pouch into your water oven and cook for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, make the vinaigrette
- Pop the shallots in a bowl and cover with the sherry vinegar and allow them to marinade for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, mix the honey and the shallot mixture together until well mixed.
- Gently whisk the olive oil into the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and put to one side.
- When the haricots vert are cooked, mix them with a good drizzle of the sherry vinaigrette in a bowl.
- Take your favourite plate and arrange the romaine lettuce leaves, haricots verts, tomatoes and eggs however you please. Sprinkle the cheese and olives on top and drizzle the rest of the sherry vinaigrette over the salad.
- Pour a glass of your favourite wine, pop on your sunglasses and enjoy!