Sous Vide Organic Carrots Cooked in Goat's Whey | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Organic Carrots Cooked in Goat’s Whey with Caviar, Watercress and Goat’s Curd
Chris Holland Sous Vide Organic Carrots Cooked in Goat’s Whey with Caviar, Watercress and Goat’s Curd Vegetables and Sides
- COOK TIME: 2 hours
- PREP TIME: 1 hour
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 6
Goat’s Milk Curd
- 1ltr goat’s milk
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 drops of vegetarian rennet
- 6 large carrots, organic
- 1 sprig of fresh lovage
- sea salt
Spring Onion Tuile
- 6 spring onions, green part only, chopped
- 25g of mature cheddar, grated
- 60g of flour
- 75 butter, softened
- 8g of sea salt
- 20g of sugar
- 40g of egg white
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 60g of caviar
- Sous Vide Water Bath
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Sealer Bags
- Food Processor
Back to Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Kevin Mangeolles from www.greatbritishchefs.com
- For the curd, warm all the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir occasionally up to the point where it curdles. After the curd has separated from the whey it can be strained through a muslin cloth. Allow 15 minutes to drain. Put the whey to one side. Use a food processor to blitz the curd to a smooth consistency.
- Preheat the water bath to 85°C.
- Give the carrots a good clean (keeping the skins on) and place in a vacuum bag. To the vaccum bag, add in the fresh lovage, 100ml of whey and a generous pinch of sea salt. Seal and cook sous vide for 1 hour in the water bath.
- To make the tuile first place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz. Set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Remove the tuile mixture from the fridge and create oval shapes by thinly spreading the mixture onto a non-stick tray. Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Whilst the tuiles are still hot, shape them into curves by placing onto a rolling pin and leaving to cool.
- Add a knob of butter to a frying pan. Place onto a medium heat and leave the butter to foam. Take the carrots out of the vacuum bag and add to the frying pan to roast and colour. Slice the carrots into different sizes and shapes.
- When ready to plate up, spread a spoonful of the curd on each plate. Decorate with carrot pieces and two tuiles. Finally garnish with the sprigs of watercress and 2 teaspoons of caviar.