Sous Vide Potato Rösti | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Potato Rösti
Chris Holland Sous Vide Potato Rösti Vegetables and Sides
- COOK TIME: 5 hours
- PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 8
- 2kg Maris Piper potatoes, grated
- 120g of duck fat, plus extra for pan-frying
- salt, to season generously
Back to Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Will Holland from www.greatbritishchefs.com
- Preheat the water bath to a temperature of 80⁰C.
- Toss the grated potato with the salt, then place in a colander and set aside to drain. The salt will draw out the starchy water in potato.
- After 15 minutes, wrap the potato in a clean, dry tea towel. Twist the tea towel until you cannot squeeze out any more moisture, then transfer the potato to a mixing bowl.
- Heat the duck fat in a small saucepan until completely melted. Tip the molten fat into the bowl with the grated potato and stir until thoroughly combined, then seal the mixture in a large vacuum bag using a chamber sealer.
- Place the bag in the water bath and cook for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, leave the potato to cool inside the vacuum bag. When it has cooled completely, unseal the bag, remove the rösti and divide into 8 portions. You can make the portions any shape you choose.
- Melt some duck fat in a frying pan, add the portions of rösti and fry, turning as necessary, until golden brown and crispy all over.