Sous Vide Summery Roast Beef with rocket salsa verde and charred brocolli | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Summery Roast Beef with rocket salsa verde and charred brocolli
- COOK TIME: 5 hours
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 2
Small topside joint (around 600/700g)
1 Tbsp of wholegrain mustard
Pinch of sea salt
Rocket salsa verde:
1 garlic clove
1 Small shallot finely diced
50g of washed rocket
10g of other herbs such as basil and parsley
3 anchovy fillets
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
6 tbsp Olive oil
150g of tender stem broccoli
A little black pepper
- Set your device at 54 degrees centrigrage for 4.5 hours. This yields a medium/rare beef – if you would like it cooked more, adjust the temperature slightly.
- Ensuring the beef roast is at room temperature, slather the piece of meat with 1 tbsp of wholegrain or Dijon mustard and a sprinkling of sea salt. Place in a vacuum bag and seal. Place in the water bath for 5 hours.
- When the beef is almost finished, prepare the accompaniments.
- For the rocket salsa verde, blitz the shallot and garlic in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Add the anchovies and blitz again.
- Then add the rocket and herbs and blitz again – it will be quite dry. Remove from the food processor bowl and add to a small bowl. Add olive oil and red wine vinegar and season generously.
- Once the beef has finished in the sous vide, remove from the bag and pat dry. Heat up a griddle pan or BBQ, placing the fat heat side down to crisp up. Finish on all sides so you have a lovely colour all over the meat. Place to the side.
- Toss the broccoli in a little olive oil and cracked pepper before grilling for a couple of minutes.
- Slice the meat into thin slices and plate up by drizzling some of the zesty and peppery salsa verde all over the blushing pink meat.
Recipe supplied by Storm Ashdown @whatstormeats