Vegan Sous Vide Stuffed Cauliflower
- COOK TIME: 1HR 10mins
- PREP TIME: 20mins
- DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM
- SERVES: 4-6
For the cauliflower:
1 cauliflower – destalked and core removed.
1 g yellow mustard seeds.
2 g fennel seeds
2g coriander seeds
For the stuffing:
100g of tinned chickpeas cooked
80g tinned fava beans cooked
20g juice from the fava bean tin
20g chickpea water
¼ lemon zest
10g chopped cranberry
20g chopped cashew nuts
20 g chopped chickpea and fava beans.
10ml red wine vinegar
¼ lemon juice
- Set water bath to 82°C
- Place the Cauliflower, water, salt, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds into a pouch and vac seal
- Cook cauliflower for about 20-30 mins until the cauliflower feels softer but not too soft
- Remove from the water bath and chill
- Blend the chickpeas, fava beans, juice, chickpea water and lemon zest until semi smooth
- Then add cranberry, cashew nuts, chopped chickpea and fava beans, red wine vinegar and lemon juice to the blended mix then season to taste
- Pre-set your oven to 200°C
- Remove the cauliflower from the pouch
- Using a spoon or piping bag, squeeze the mixture in between the florets of cauliflower then bake for about 30-45 mins until golden.
Struggling for piping bags, use one of your vacuum pouches, twist the top and cut a corner off.