Soy Glazed Sous Vide Pigeon with Pickled Cucumber and Miso Mayonnaise | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Soy Glazed Sous Vide Pigeon with Pickled Cucumber and Miso Mayonnaise
- COOK TIME: 35 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Medium
- SERVES: 4
- 4 pigeon crowns
- 50ml tamari soy sauce
- 50ml sweet soy
- 10ml sesame oil
- 10g crushed garlic
- 2 star anise
- 45ml honey
- 5g 5 spice
- 1 cucumber
- 100ml rice wine vinegar
- 20g sugar
Puffed Wild Rice
Thanks to our friends Robert & Donna of The Compasses Inn Crundale for this sous vide pigeon recipe.
- Start by bringing all the marinade ingredients to the boil then allow to cool
- In the meantime sear the pigeons off in a hot pan
- Place into a vac Pac bag and cover with 3/4 of the marinade and seal.
- Place in water bath for 35 minutes at 60c.
- While the pigeon is cooking peel the cumber. Place the peelings, vinegar and sugar into a blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, remove from blender and pass through a sieve.
- Cut the cucumber into manageable size pieces and vacuum seal with the vinegar solution, leave this somewhere at room temp until you are ready with the pigeon.
- When the pigeon is ready remove from bag and drain remove the breasts from the crowns.
- Place the remaining ¼ of the marinade in a frying pan and reduce to a syrup.
- Once at this stage place the breast in the syrup and glaze.
- To plate place once breast on each plate and drizzle some of the glaze on the plate top this breast with puffed wild rice. Slice the second breast and place next to it, remove the cucumber from the vacuum bag and place dice pieces around. Put dots of miso mayonnaise around the plate and top with cress.