Sugar Snap Pea G&T | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sugar Snap Pea G&T
- COOK TIME: 50 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 700ml Light style gin such as Bombay Sapphire
- 185g Sugar Snap Peas
- 100g Fresh or frozen peas
- 15g Mint sprigs
For the cocktail
- 50ml Pea and Mint Gin
- Tonic Water
- Preheat the water bath to 45⁰C and snap the sugar snap peas in half.
- Place the mint, halved sugar snap peas and gin into the vacuum pouch.
- Vacuum seal the pouch and place in the water bath to sous vide for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, remove from the water bath and cut a corner off the pouch.
- Pour the liquid through a fine sieve to remove any lumps then transfer to a glass bottle.
- Place the bottle in the fridge to chill and for best results, use within 3-4 weeks.
- To make the cocktail, pour 50ml of the gin mixture into a high-ball glass, fill the glass with cube ice and pour over the tonic water. Give the cocktail a mix and add the mint garnish before serving.
For a demonstration on how to make this, and other great-tasting sous vide cocktails, see the How To video from Great British Chef Rich Woods: