New York Strip Steak Sous Vide | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
New York Strip Steak Sous Vide
- COOK TIME: 8 hours
- PREP TIME: 30
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 1
- 2 to 2.5 cm thick New York strip steaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli salt
Are you jetting off to sunnier climates over the next few weeks? Or are you jealous of those who are and wish you could have a taste of a holiday brought to you? Whichever it might be, you’d be foolish not to try this taste of New York to give the dinner time treat of steak a sizzling seasonal twist.
Makes 1 serving, but make as many pouches as you like!
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 54.5C.
- Season steaks with salt, pepper & chilli salt, then put into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove from the pouch and sear the surface to caramelize on grill, on a high heat cast iron pan, or with a cooking torch.
- Serve with your accompaniment of choice and raise a toast to the good ol’ US of A!