Slow cooked rib eye glazed wild mushrooms and rainbow chard
- COOK TIME: 4 HOURS
- PREP TIME: 30 MINS
- DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM
- SERVES: 4
- 1 x 1.5 kg rib of beef, off the bone.
- 2 tbsp Bovril
- 1 tsp freshly cut thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 200g wild mushrooms
- 20g butter
- ¼ lemon juiced
- 100g of rainbow chard
- ¼ lemon juiced.
Back to Recipes
- Pre heat your water bath to 55°C
- Place your rib of beef into a hot pan and caramelise the sides until golden, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Rub the beef with the Bovril, thyme, garlic, salt and place into a pouch.
- Cook the beef for 4 hours, then remove from the pouch and pat dry.
- Using a hot pan re-caramelise the beef then remove from the heat, add the mushrooms, butter, lemon juice and cook until golden. Season to taste and place onto some dry paper towel.
- For the rainbow chard, boil the rainbow chard for about 2 mins in some salted water and dress with some lemon juice.