Sous Vide Philly Cheese Steak | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Philly Cheese Steak
- COOK TIME: 1 hour
- PREP TIME: 5
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
500g Wagyu sirloin steak (or just sirloin)
4 Part baked rustic bread roll
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
100g cheese grated (half a block)
1 tablespoon flour
Half teaspoon of ground Nutmeg
Milk to pour
Showing sous vide isn’t just for fine dining Scott Eckersley serves up mouth watering Philly Cheese Steak. For more from Scott visit scottycookins.com and follow him on Instagram @scottycookins
- Place the steaks in a vacuum bag and vacuum seal
- Once done transfer to the water bath and cook for 1hr at 52c. This gives us time to make the sauce and accompaniments.
- Firstly the onions and peppers; dice into strips and pan fry in oil and butter until soft. Add half a beef stock cube by crumbling direct on to the veggies, stir through until combined and a slight sauce is formed coating the veg.
- For the cheese sauce we need to make a simple roux. To start melt the butter in a pan, sprinkle over the flour and stir until foaming, then add the milk gradually until a thick white sauce is made. Now add the cheese and nutmeg then stir until thick and sticky.
- Reading the packet instructions place the part baked bread rolls in the oven to crisp up and warm through just in time for the steak to end its cooking.
- Slice the steak into strips and place inside the pre cut bread rolls with the veg mix . Smother in that unctuous cheesy sauce before grilling on high for a minute to just catch the sauce for extra flavour.