Smoked sous vide duck breast with burnt orange and tarragon crème fraiche
- COOK TIME: 2 HOURS
- PREP TIME: 30 MINS
- DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM
- SERVES: 2
- 1 duck breast – trimmed and sinew removed
- 1 orange – cut in half
- 35g tarragon
- 50 g crème fraiche
Back to Recipes
- Pre heat your water bath to 60°C
- Place the oranges directly on the embers and scorch until slightly blackened. Then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Season the duck and vacuum in a pouch, cook in the water bath for about 2 hours.
- Remove the duck from the pouch, pat dry then place onto BBQ and caramelise until golden.
- For the tarragon crème fraiche, blend the crème fraiche and the tarragon in a high-speed blender until smooth, season to taste.